April 1, 2021
Moose Jaw – The City of Moose Jaw is pleased to announce details of the 2021 Water Main Replacement Program.
In the 2021 Municipal Budget, Moose Jaw City Council voted to allocated $5.8 million to the Water Main Replacement Program, which was adopted by Council in 2015 as a 20-year, $117-million program.
In 2021, just over three kilometres of failing water main pipe will be replaced at the following five locations:
- Elsom St. from Main St. N to 2nd SE (416m)
- Caribou St. W from 4th NW to 10th Ave. NW (1370m)
- 7th Ave NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
- Carleton St. from 9th NW to 10th Ave. NW (275m)
- Fairford St. E from 3rd NE to 5th Ave. NE (290m) (To be performed by a separate contractor under the servicing contract for the Agri-Food Industrial Park)
NIS Contractors , the selected contractors for the program in 2020, have been selected for the 2021 water main replacement project.
The City has delivered affected property owners further information on the program, along with invitations to attend the virtual water main replacement Open House information session. The Open House is scheduled for Wednesday, April 14 at 6:30.
Construction will begin next week to complete leftover work from the 2020 program. NIS has notified affected property owners in those locations:
- 900 block of Stadacona St. East
- 1200 block of 3rd NW
Traffic will be restricted in those locations and detours will be in place effective Wednesday, April 7.