June 21, 2021
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw has approved the 2021 Property Tax increase and extended the 2021 Property Tax payment deadline.
At the regular meeting of City Council Monday, June 14, 2021, Council adopted the 2021 Property Tax Bylaw, finalizing the 2.96% increase that was initially approved during 2021 Budget deliberations in December.
The increase is broken out as follows:
- 10% increase allocated to Moose Jaw Police Service operations.
- 00% for Parks and Recreation Capital improvements.
- 86% for City of Moose Jaw programs and services.
Council also approved extending the 2021 Property Tax payment deadline from June 30 until July 31, 2021.
“This is a property reassessment year for the Saskatchewan Assessment Management Authority (SAMA) and SAMA was later than normal providing the City with property assessment information,” explained Jim Puffalt, City Manager. “Our Finance department will issue 2021 Property Tax notices in the coming days.”
The 2021 Property Tax payment deadline is July 31, 2021 at 5:00 p.m and there are multiple payment options:
- In person at City Hall between 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday (excluding statutory holidays).
- In person at your financial institution.
- Use the drop box in front of City Hall that is available 24 hours a day (cheques only).
- Mail the payment to City Hall: 228 Main St. North, Moose Jaw, SK, S6H 3J8 (no late payment charges if postmarked by July 31, 2021).
- Payments through the Tax Installment Payment Plan Service (TIPPS).
- Online with your credit card (through a third-party service provider). Click here for more details on making credit card payments.