July 15, 2021
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw is pleased to provide an update on the progress of 2021 Capital Projects, approved by City Council during Budget deliberations. While some projects have yet to begin, projects listed in bold are complete, while * denotes ongoing construction.
ENGINEERING – $51.8 Million invested in new construction and upgrades, including:
- Water Main Replacement construction (Three kilometres across five locations)*.
- Agri-Food Industrial Park Servicing (Feeder main installation, water main/sanitary sewer replacement and storm sewer rehabilitation)*.
- High Service Reservoir Pumphouse Construction (New facility to store and distribute two-thirds of the City’s potable water)*.
- 24 lane kilometres of road rehabilitation (11 kms completed).
- Servicing of the new Canadian Tire site on Thatcher Drive East*.
- Phase Two of the Buffalo Pound to Moose Jaw Water Supply Transmission Line Project (Including new pumps, electrical systems and commissioning)*.
- Bridges (Including Seventh Avenue bridge repair, demolition of Coteau St. East bridge and engineering design for Thunderbird Viaduct rehabilitation)*.
- Intersection Upgrades (Including 9th Ave NW/Caribou St.*, Langdon Crescent/Athabasca St. East, 9th Ave. SW/Lillooet St. and 1st Ave NW/Athabasca St.).
PARKS AND RECREATION – $2.38 Million invested in new construction and upgrades, including:
- Kinsmen Sportsplex Crosswalk lights.
- Two new dressing rooms at Pla-Mor Palace*.
- Change room upgrades at Kinsmen Sportsplex pool.
- Ross Wells Park retaining wall and backstop replacement.
- Clark Gillies Park playground replacement*.
- New spray park, sport court and playground expansion in West Park*.
To see an overview of the projects, watch below:
2021 Engineering Capital Projects Map