September 17, 2021
MOOSE JAW – A return to dry weather has helped crews resume construction under the City of Moose Jaw’s 2021 Water Main Replacement Program. Here is the latest progress update for the following locations:
Caribou St. W from 4th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (1370m)
- Construction/paving is complete on the 400, 500 and 600 blocks of Caribou St. West and the road is open up to and including the 7th Avenue NW (south) intersection (7th Avenue north intersection is closed).
- Caribou St. is currently closed from the west side of the 7th Ave NW south intersection up to 9th Ave NW (the 9th Ave NW intersection remains open to traffic).
- Surface work between 7th NW (south) and Elgin Avenue is underway.
- Crews have begun underground work on the 900 block, and the 10th Avenue intersection is closed until further notice.
- All area businesses remain open and alternate access points are available.
Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2nd Ave SE (416m)
Construction and paving have been completed and Elsom St. is open between Main St. South and 2nd Avenue SE.
7th Ave NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
Construction will begin on the 800 block of 7th Ave NW the week of September 20, with intersections between Caribou St. and Saskatchewan St. closed to traffic (Saskatchewan St. intersection will remain open).
Other locations selected for water main replacement in 2021 are:
- Carleton St. from 9th Ave NW to 10thAve NW (275m)
- Fairford St. E from 3rd Ave NE to 5thAve NE (290m) (Currently under construction as part of servicing work for Agri-Food Industrial Park).
Additionally, crews will perform surface work touch-ups on the 600, 700 and 800 blocks of Stadacona St. East, which were included in the 2020 water main replacement program. The roads will be closed beginning September 21 to traffic, but all intersections will remain open.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.