Permits, Licensing & Blylaws

Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt

Quick Facts

Bylaw Enforcement

Many City of Moose Jaw bylaws are enforced through the Bylaw Enforcement Division.  When a citizen’s activities or property conditions don’t meet accepted municipal standards, Bylaw Enforcement Officers will intervene to educate them on the requirements of municipal bylaws. The Bylaw Enforcement Division can provide warnings, conduct inspections, or apply penalties for non-compliance.

The City of Moose Jaw contracts Parking Enforcement and Enforcement of the Traffic Bylaw to the Moose Jaw Police Service. To learn more, please contact the Moose Jaw Police Service at (306) 694-7600.

For information on Bylaw Enforcement please see below or call (306) 694-4553.

Business Licensing

Businesses wishing to operate within the City of Moose Jaw must obtain a valid Business License. Applications are collected through the Licensing Department and are processed through Planning and Development Services.

Bylaw 5225 provides for the licensing, control, regulation and governing of certain businesses carried on within the City of Moose Jaw. Business licenses are effective from January to December 31st and must be obtained annually.

The cost of a Business License varies from business to business depending on which of the following categories applies. When submitting your application please remit your payment based on the payment schedule below:

Category “A” – Business with gross annual revenue of less than $50,000 License Fee $25.00

Category “B” – Business with gross annual revenue between $50,000 and $500,000 License Fee $125.00

Category “C” – Business with gross annual revenue greater than $500,000 License Fee $250.00

Category “T” – Transient Business (does not own property for the purpose of conducting business in Moose Jaw) License Fee $350.00

Category “E” – Exempt due to Registered Non-Profit or Charity status No Fee

All businesses are required to report changes to the information on their business license application.  These changes may be items like a change in the revenue category, address or change in the contact information.


For more information about the application process, please see below or contact the Licensing Department at (306) 694-4414.

Animal Control

The City of Moose Jaw contracts Animal Control and Pound Keeping Services to the Moose Jaw Humane Society.

Contact Information for General Enquiries

City of Moose Jaw
Planning and Development Services

3rd Floor City Hall
Phone: (306)694-4443
Fax: (306) 691-0292

City-owned Land For Sale

Residential Land

Commercial Land

© city of moose Jaw Saskatchewan. All Rights reserved. Site by AdSpark Communications