Public Works, Infrastructure and Environment Advisory Committee
Structure: Comprised of the following members:
- one member of City Council;
- one Chamber of Commerce representative;
- one Wakamow Valley Authority representative;
- one 15 Wing Canadian Forces Base Moose Jaw representative;
- one representative from Holy Trinity Roman Catholic School Division No. 22;
- one representative from Prairie South School Division;
- two citizen representatives of the general public;
- one citizen representative of the senior citizen community (55+ years old);
- one citizen representative of the youth community (16 to 23 years old):
- one citizen representative of the First Nations or Metis Community;
- one representative of the Special Needs Advisory Committee as appointed by the Special Needs Advisory Committee.
Purpose: To act in an advisory role for the City, the Committee shall:
- work with stakeholders and community representatives to provide input on transit and municipal infrastructure involving roadways;
- provide advice on public awareness education campaigns and community consultations;
- provide a forum for input and exchange of ideas on public works, infrastructure and environment issues;
- review and make recommendations regarding community implication identified in City undertakings, initiatives and other projects;
- provide input on waste reduction and diversion initiatives including food reclamation;
- provide community engagement opportunities on public awareness of water conservation measure, climate change mitigation and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
Term of Office: Two Years, commencing January 1
Public Works, Infrastructure & Environment Advisory Committee Bylaw #5608
© city of moose Jaw Saskatchewan. All Rights reserved. Site by AdSpark Communications
Any email address or contact form contained within this site shall not be used to send unsolicited email.