Parks Recreation & Culture
Heritage Advisory Committee
Acting in an advisory role for the City, the Committee shall provide the City with policy advice and recommendations on matters respecting:
- any matter arising out of The Heritage Property Act;
- designation of municipal heritage properties or districts;
- the development or alteration of heritage properties; and
- any other heritage property related matter that is referred to the Committee.
The Committee shall consist of the following members:
- one member of City Council;
- one person nominated by the Moose Jaw and District Chamber of Commerce; and
- four persons residing in Moose Jaw.
Aims & Duties
To provide advice to City Council:
- on any matter arising out of The Heritage Property Act or the regulations thereunder.
- on any changes to the criteria for evaluation of properties of architectural or historical value or interest with respect to heritage designation.
- on buildings, properties and artifacts to be designated under The Heritage Property Act.
- on policies related to conserving heritage properties and areas.
- on current heritage conservation legislation and to recommend proposed changes to municipal legislation to conserve heritage properties and areas.
- on ways to increase public awareness and knowledge of heritage conservation issues.
- on any other matters relating to buildings and areas of architectural or historical significance.
- on properties and artifacts owned by the City.