Parks Recreation & Culture
2017 BUILDING PERMITS
$39,635,878 (285 permits) 2016 Building Permits $39,635,878 (306 permits) 2015 Building Permits $53,255,742 (290 permits)
Grown in the region; chic peas, lentils, peas, soybean, mustard
Largest distribution centre for livestock in Saskatchewan
TRANSPORTATION AND UTILITY HUB
Two national railways; CP’s Soo rail line to Chicago; Trans-Canada Highway & #2 Highway; major power transmission lines, natural gas and water pipelines
Vast reserves of high quality potash – two solution mines are located near Moose Jaw
KEY ECONOMIC SECTORS
Potash Mining, Agriculture, Ag-value-added Processing, Nato Flying Training (15 Wing), Transportation (Trucking and Rail), Tourism, and Healthcare
SASKATCHEWAN’s 2018 POPULATION was 1,169,752
The TRADING AREA of Moose Jaw is 60,000
MOOSE JAW 2016 CENSUS POPULATION 33,890,
2018 POPULATION estimated at 35,124
The City of Moose Jaw Beautification Awards have been held annually since 1981 to recognize the people behind the outstanding properties in our city. The Beautification Awards promote civic pride among residents and encourage everyone to get out and garden to improve their part of our city.
We need your help in finding Moose Jaw’s most beautiful properties! Enter your own property or nominate someone else using the form above. Hard copies of the entry form are available at City Hall and from Beautification Awards sponsors. Properties may be entered in one of the following categories.
Each year we recognize Moose Jaw’s outstanding properties. We need your help in finding Moose Jaw’s most beautiful properties. The categories are:
- Best Residential Property: For the overall beautification of a residential property. Only the front yard will be evaluated.
- Best Residential Planters and/or Balcony: For residential units with minimal space, such as apartments.
- Best Commercial Property: For the best overall beautification of a business property.
- Best Environmentally Conscious Property: For the best employment of water, energy and other conservation methods in the landscape.
- Best Residential Edible Garden: For the best overall edible garden on residential property. Only the edible garden portion of the yard will be evaluated.
To encourage everyone to participate in our beautification awards, past winners cannot enter for 5 years. The full rules and evaluation criteria can be downloaded by Clicking Here.