2020 MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS
The City of Moose Jaw is preparing for the 2020 Municipal Election, scheduled for Monday, November 9, 2020. Municipal Elections in Saskatchewan are held every four years, as legislated by the provincial government. In Moose Jaw the election is held in order to elect a mayor and six councillors. The City of Moose Jaw also conducts elections for the Prairie South School Division and Holy Trinity Catholic School Division so they may elect their respective school board trustees. Below you will find Election information needed for voters and candidates alike.
(The provincial government election is Monday, October 26, 2020. Visit www.elections.sk.ca for full details on the provincial election.)
A safe Election is our priority. It’s important to remember that there are multiple opportunities to vote, which will help mitigate physical distancing concerns at polling stations on Election Day, November 9. For all available Advance Poll dates, see the Important Dates section on the right-hand side of this page. When you vote in-person, the following will be in place at all polling stations:
- Physical distancing. Voters are asked to stay two metres (six feet) apart.
- The City strongly recommends wearing a mask at the polls.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all polls.
- Surfaces in the polls will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Voters who feel unwell on Election day should stay home. Avoid not being able to vote by exploring other voting options such as advance voting or mail-in ballots.
The Election Bylaw has been amended to make it easier for municipal voters to vote in the upcoming municipal election without having to attend in person at a polling station.
ONLINE VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
Voters will have the option to print off an online Voter Registration Form and bring the completed Form with them to their polling station to reduce wait times.
Call for nominations for general election:
September 22, 2020
October 7, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
October 8, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Advance Polls (Moose Jaw City Hall):
- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 29, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 30, 2020
- 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 31, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, November 2, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 4, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 5, 2020
November 9, 2020 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Mail-in Ballot Application deadlines:
Electronic and mail applications – October 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
In person applications – November 6, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
All ballots must be received the Returning Officer by November 9, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
November 13, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.