2020 MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS
The City of Moose Jaw is preparing for the 2020 Municipal Election, scheduled for Monday, November 9, 2020. Municipal Elections in Saskatchewan are held every four years, as legislated by the provincial government. In Moose Jaw the election is held in order to elect a mayor and six councillors. The City of Moose Jaw also conducts elections for the Prairie South School Division and Holy Trinity Catholic School Division so they may elect their respective school board trustees. Below you will find Election information needed for voters and candidates alike.
(The provincial government election is Monday, October 26, 2020. Visit www.elections.sk.ca for full details on the provincial election.)
A safe Election is our priority. It’s important to remember that there are multiple opportunities to vote, which will help mitigate physical distancing concerns at polling stations on Election Day, November 9. For all available Advance Poll dates, see the Important Dates section on the right-hand side of this page. When you vote in-person, the following will be in place at all polling stations:
- Physical distancing. Voters are asked to stay two metres (six feet) apart.
- The City strongly recommends wearing a mask at the polls.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all polls.
- Surfaces in the polls will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Voters who feel unwell on Election day should stay home. Avoid not being able to vote by exploring other voting options such as advance voting or mail-in ballots.
The Election Bylaw has been amended to make it easier for municipal voters to vote in the upcoming municipal election without having to attend in person at a polling station.
ONLINE VOTER REGISTRATION FORM
Voters have the option to print off an online Voter Registration Form and bring the completed Form with them to their polling station to reduce wait times.
(Please wait to sign the Voter Registration Form until you attend at the polling station. The Poll Clerk will witness your signature at that time.)
FREE TRANSIT & ELECTION DAY TRree Transit & Election Shuttle for Election Day
The City of Moose Jaw will provide free Transit on Municipal Election Day, Monday, November 9.
City Transit regular routes provide service to the two polling locations (Church of Our Lady and the Moose Jaw Exhibition Convention Centre), and the City has added a special Election Shuttle to provide service to the Convention Centre as follows:
- The Election Shuttle will transport voters from the Main St. and High St. bus stop to the Convention Center every 20 minutes.
- First shuttle bus will depart the Main St. and High St. bus stop at 8:35 a.m.
- Last shuttle leaves the Convention Center at 8:15 p.m.
- Regular route buses will feed the shuttle bus at Main St. and High St. bus stop (Getting there).
- Shuttle bus will feed regular route buses at the Main St. and High St. bus stop (Returning).
- Special Needs service will be available for all poll hours. Bookings are required for Special Needs service and reservations must be made by 4:30 p.m. Friday, November 6 at (306) 694-4488.
The City of Moose Jaw is committed to a safe election and strongly recommends the wearing of masks on all City buses and inside polling stations.
Call for nominations for general election:
September 22, 2020
October 7, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
October 8, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Advance Polls (Moose Jaw City Hall):
- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 29, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 30, 2020
- 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 31, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, November 2, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 4, 2020
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 5, 2020
November 9, 2020 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Mail-in Ballot Application deadlines:
In person applications – November 6, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
All ballots must be received by the Returning Officer by November 9, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
Mobile Poll Application Deadline:
October 26, 2020 at 12:00 noon.
November 13, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.