ELECTION WORKER POSITION
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m., Thursday, August 20, 2020
- To submit an online application, please scroll down.
- To print off a hard copy, click for PDF version. Then submit your completed application one of three ways:
- Mail your completed application to Clerk’s Department, City of Moose Jaw, 228 Main St. N., Moose Jaw, SK S6H 3J8; or
- Scan and Email your completed application to email@example.com; or
- Drop your completed application in the drop box at City Hall.
Individuals interested in applying for election worker positions must demonstrate the following core competencies and be prepared to work long hours:
1. Basic literacy skills (reading, writing and comprehension)
2. Basic interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise impartiality
3. Ability to serve voters that require assistance
4. Ability to perform repetitive tasks
5. Basic arithmetical skills
6. Basic analytical skills
7. Good attention to detail
8. Ability to adhere to directions and standards
9. Ability to learn in a short time frame
A valid email address is required for all Election workers. Communication to Election workers will be done by way of email.
For information on remuneration, important dates, and job descriptions, click for PDF.
I am interested in being appointed as an Election Official for the 2020 Municipal & School Board Elections.
The personal information collected on this form is collected under the authority of Section 24 of The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine suitability of the applicant for hiring as a municipal election worker for contact purposes and for payment purposes. For more information, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 306-694-4426.
*The following information is required in order to be considered:
I would prefer to work as a (Indicate order of preference):
Deputy Returning Officer (Ballot Receiving Officer)
Poll Clerk (Ballot Issuing Officer)
I am available to work on Election Day:
I am available to work the Advance Polls:
I am available to work the Special Polls:
I am available to work the Mobile Polls:
I have previous Election experience:
Indicate whether you held the position of Poll Supervisor, Deputy Returning Officer or Poll Clerk:
Leave blank if you did not work a given election.